Monday, January 08, 2007




Crafty Day


I had a lovely crafty day yesterday just as I wanted. I didn't do as much as I would have liked, kids being underfoot and all, but once they were in bed, the glue gun came out and the real fun started. What is it about glue guns that make me want to glue everything in sight? I had to really restrain myself after I finished my Valentines. I made a few buttony Valentines to send to friends who have inspired me or that I just really love. I only made a few yesterday, there are many more to be made. I didn't realise how many buttons each would take, so I'll be trolling ebay for more soon. After I was done with those, I just wasn't ready to put the gun down, so I made a bunch of snowman and fruit cards to use as thank you cards for the Christmas love we had.


Now. I also made some ribbony chandeliers and I must warn you, they aren't as grand as they sound. Once the sweet people who commented yesterday said they were interested in seeing them I had a little performance anxiety and I feel like they will be disappointed. So here are the chandeliers, photographed in our messy winter backyard. They don't photograph that well, but I'm told they are adorable and friends ask me for them, so they really must be cute, right? OK. just look at the pic and judge for yourself. I can't keep backpedaling about why you might be disappointed. The picture really doesn't do them justice. Little girls see them and beg me for them!

Ugh. I need to clean the backyard.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I always need to clear up the back yard, your ribbon chandliers are lovely but what I really like are the button hearts.

beki said...

Love, love, love all the buttons!!

Michelle said...

OH my!!! I love the chandeliers (and I know my dd, who is 15 would as well!!!). You are so talented. Thanks for coming by Southern Somedays and happy belated birthday to your little man.

Claire said...

Thanks! I'm glad you guys like them!