Monday, January 15, 2007


Chocolate Party


Yesterday we got an invitation to a Chocolate Party, which to me, sounds like the best idea ever! Who wouldn't want to go to a chocolate themed party? It is a birthday party for a friend of ours and I am excited to get a fun present together for her. I already made her these criss cross coasters in chocolate brown and green (I must have known!) the other day, so now I am going to go find her some fun chocolatey gifts to go with them. Chocolate tea, coffee, gourmet chocolate powders, Whole Foods here I come!


Next to having people over I love giving gifts, best. I love picking out the perfect present for people, or putting together a fun box or basket of goodies. That is probably why I love swaps so much. Half the fun of doing them is putting the packages together! Naturally the other half of swapping is getting your package in return. Sadly, my last three Swap-Bot swaps my partners were no-sends. So sad! I've had to bid farewell to swap-bot becuase of it. Now I just do blog swaps and hopefully they will have more success. I know they will because you all are so nice!


Now, that being said, I think I will do a brooch swap, but I'll need to do another post to put all the rules and fun stuff in it. I'll do that later today. We'll have sign ups this week for it and then send our creations early February. If it goes well maybe we can do it monthly or bi-monthly, with themes etc. We'll see how the first one goes, but I'm sure it will go great!

5 comments:

faithsalutes said...

I am in for a broach swap, if I can purchase one...I don't having sewing machine at my place yet, etc. But a vintage one I think I could find!

Mizfixit said...

The criss cross coasters are perfect-love the colors! I've been eyeballing them over at allsorts and intending to make them once I find the perfect fabrics. There's a lovely little quilting store nearby with tons of beautiful prints and pre-selected coordinated sets of fat quarters. I feel a shopping trip coming on! Are those coasters as easy to make as I think they are? The directions make them sound very simple.

Anonymous said...

Lovin the criss cross coasters. I have meant to make some, I actually bought fabric specifically for them. Need to get to that.

PamKittyMorning said...

Cute coasters!

Anonymous said...

The coasters look great! Very good colours.