Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Pom Poms and Packages

So says Matthew Mead and Alicia and so say I. I've just picked up the Country Home Holiday issue, styled by (Mead) and saw his pom pom wreath and knew right away what I would be doing this weekend. His is styled in all-white, but I am a color kind of gal, so mine will probably be in red, green and white. Either way, I am pretty durned excited about this wreath and after reading Posie Gets Cozy this afternoon I am inspired to make a pom garland as well. Pics to follow, friends!

Today I packaged up the little brooches I made for my Handmade Brooch Swap on Swap-bot. They turned out cute, but weren't quite what I had hoped for. I had taken pics here, but have since changed my mind on which ones I was going to send. One of my partners said she is not really into cutesy, but more primitive, country things. Bad for me since I am all about cutesy. However, I think I rose to the challenge and made her a pin I hope is to her liking. So, Donna, if you read this, kow that I really tried to do something I thought you would like! I'll post pics of my real finished products after the swap, that way if my partners just happend to wander over here, the suprise won't be ruined.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

looking forward to seeing the finished result!

Claire said...

Thanks ladies! I am looking forward to posting more pics for you to see as soon as my laptop (where the pics are stored) gets fixed.