Monday, November 13, 2006



Weekend's over!

Yes, I realise it is Monday, but my honey had the holiday off today, so for us the weekend is just ending. And what a weekend it was! Saturday the kiddos and I went to my in-laws home for a reception honoring my husband's brother and his new wife. Aaron couldn't make it due to a nasty flu virus. Boo! But we had a nice time, decided last minute to stay overnight and drove home really early Sunday morning. My monkey boy son woke up on the wrong side of the bed and having used up all of his good manners during the party the night before was being a PILL. So I decided to spare my sweet in-laws the headache of listening to him whine and me telling him to stop all morning and make a hasty and early departure. Though they were very glad we came, I don't think they were so sad to see us go!

It was a good thing I left anyway. Sunday afternoon I had a baby shower to go to and a gift to finish up. I embroidered and embellished the new baby some onesies. They turned out quite adorably and momma-to-be loved them. It was great to go to the shower and see friends from high school; people you don't see except for weddings and baby showers anyway. My 10 year reunion is coming up and in the last year I have reconnected with a group of girls who I knew back then, but didn't really know, if you know what I mean. We are all getting to know each other again, and I am so happy! They are wonderful!

Today (Monday) was one of those lovely, lazy, long days where we did lots of nothing. Well, it felt like nothing, but I think we actually accomplished quite a bit. We had breakfast with friends, ran into an antique store, where I found some fun jewlery. One peice is vintage, the other I am fairly sure is new, but I love it anyway. We then went to the hardware store and home to tackle the ginormous amount of laundry that needed to be folded. It was embarassing the pile, but we plugged in a movie and folded away. Good times, good times.

No comments: