Thursday, August 02, 2007

ABCs Of Me


Blogging has been sparse for me lately. My craft room is in overhaul, so not much is being done there. We have been readying our lawns for a sprinkler install that Aaron and his dad are doing starting this afternoon. I have been reading and re-reading the last Harry Potter. We have been squeezing in playtime with the cousins before they leave on Friday. I have been simultaneously planning a high school reunion, family reunion and Handmade Parade.

So you, see blogging hasn't been the first thing on my mind lately. When I saw the idea for the ABCs or Encyclopedia of Me posts that people are doing I thought it was kinda cool. Cuz you all are dying to know more about me, right? HA. Whatever, you are stuck now.

Mmmkay. "A", right?

Accident-prone is the first thing that popped into my mind. I am so so so so very accident prone. The house we lived in growing up was a two story and would take those stairs two at a time regularly. When I was in a big hurry I would take them three at a time. Yeah. I am 5'6". Bad idea. THUNK THUNK THUNK @((!^#$ was part of my daily routine. Several times a someone would hear the thunks and the swear word and know that I was coming or going. Sadly, when I go back to my mom's house it is automatic to try to tackle the stairs two or three at a time, to the family gets treated to the thunk-swear even today.
The first time Aaron heard it for himself (we had all told him stories of it) the look on his face was clear: I married her?

Ahhh. Good times, good times. Thankfully my accident-proneyness never yielded more than some stitches (though the stitches story is more stupidity than accident) and a broken toe. Oh, one year we were sledding on Christmas day and I was sledding down a hill and hit a brick on my butt. I'm not sure what was worse the pain or the embarrassment. I was in 7th grade and we were sledding with the jerky neighbor boy, so the embarrassment was pretty significant.

My mom thought that maybe I should have had stitches for that one, but since the cut was literally where the sun don't shine, there was no way my little 7th grade self was going to go to the ER and have someone stitch me up, there. Oy, I am blushing thinking about what might have been...
(That pic is from Hawaii 2 years ago, I am not uber-pregnant now. Aaron was soooo irritated because he knew that the bird owners would want money for holding the balloons and dorky me thought, noooo they would say up front if they wanted money! HA. they wanted 10 bucks for that pic!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!! My 13 year-old is SOOO accident prone as well.. he can be tying his shoe, and well, something..anything happens..

Sarah said...

No worries! What did you think of HP? I have both a similar sledding story (nearly 45 degree hill behind my dad's shop, with a surprise gutter at the bottom that caught the lip of my sledding disc perfectly... landing me SPLAT on my face at high speed), and a "sun don't shine" accident (as a very wee one I fell on a taut lamp cord and still have a scar). Luckily we didn't have any stairs in our house... :o)

The Polka Dot Pixie said...

Oh boy! We are twins :-) I just stood up and wacked my head into an open kitchen cabinet yesterday. I am also usually sporting a variety of bruises from bumping into and/or tripping over stuff. Ironically, I have only been in one..and not my fault... car accident in my life (knock wood).

I actally think I never grew out of my awkward, clumsy pre-teen stage!
:-)

Anonymous said...

i am glad there wasn't any bird accidents!